With the added stress of health and job concerns during the ongoing response to COVID-19, now, more than ever, it is important to spread awareness to help prevent child abuse.
Here are some ways you can help create awareness:
- Wear blue during the month of April.
- Put blue pinwheels in your lawn (pinwheels are a National sign of hope for kids).
- Pass out blue lollipops at your business during the month of April.
- Friday, April 3, 2020 is ”Dress in Blue Day.”
- Post and share information on social media to create awareness about Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Find more resources and information to spread awareness through some local organizations: Lake County Children’s Advocacy Center (http://www.friendsoflccac.org/) and the Child Advocacy Center of McHenry County (https://mchenrycac.org/).