Illinois House Republican caucus today launched a new comprehensive platform called Reimagine Illinois. The plan outlines House Republicans’ priorities for the 102nd General Assembly and asks Illinoisans to ‘Reimagine’ their State government if certain public policy goals are met.
- Imagine an Illinois where corruption isn’t making headlines and lawmakers are held accountable. Imagine an Illinois with a clean, honest, transparent State government.
- Imagine an Illinois where leaders take their fiscal responsibility seriously, watching every penny instead of raising taxes, increasing spending, and piling up debt year-after-year
- Imagine an Illinois where every community has good paying jobs, access to healthcare and educational opportunities that work for all students.
- Imagine an Illinois where all neighborhoods are free of senseless violence and our streets are safe places for our kids to grow up
Reimagine Illinois consists of four components, each of which includes a list of introduced bills to reflect those initiatives:
- Ending the culture of corruption
- Responsible fiscal leadership
- Growing jobs and opportunities for our families
- Ensuring public safety
“This new platform and the legislation that supports the four pillars reflect House Republican principles. These are bipartisan issues; issues that are important to all Illinoisans. They’re uncontroversial, they’re common sense, and they deserve a vote.” Rep. Weber said.
A multi-faceted website – ReimagineIllinois.com – includes various tools for the public to learn about the platform by downloading PDFS, watching member video summaries and signing a petition to get engaged.
Click here to sign the petition to see these issues addressed in the General Assembly.